5 Foods That Whiten Your Teeth
Are you looking for an “at-home” and “natural” remedy to whiten your teeth between dental visits? Colson Dental believes in utilizing everyday items from your refrigerator and pantry to help overall dental health. Because cosmetic dentistry plays such an important role in our wellbeing and self-esteem, we’ve compiled 5 foods to help keep your smile bright.
1. Cauliflower. This is a food that requires a lot of chewing in its raw state which is a great thing for your teeth. The longer it takes for you to break down food, the more saliva your mouth produces. Saliva is a natural cleanser and helps keep your teeth clean in between brushing.
2. Apples. They weren’t lying when they said “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” This is true when it comes to the dentist too (although we still recommend semi-annual cleanings). The natural “scrubbing” washes away food particles from teeth and helps keep them white. Additionally, it’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
3. Cheese. Dairy products such as cheese, milk, and yogurt contain lactic acid and Calcium which is a mineral that aids in fortifying your teeth’s enamel. Cheese also helps produce saliva, again washing away bacteria and keep your teeth sparkly clean. All of that aside, cheese is delicious!
4. Celery. This nutrient-rich veggie helps with the production of saliva just like the other crunchy whitening foods mentioned. All fibrous fruits and veggies are low in calories and help keep our teeth and bodies healthy.
5. Strawberries. Another natural sugar delivery method, the juicy strawberry. They are packed with malic acid which naturally whitens your teeth. Science!
Next time you’re thinking of having a sugary treat, spring for apples or strawberries. Not only do they taste good, but they’ll help your overall health from body to teeth. As for our crunchy vegetables, cauliflower and celery make a great pairing with low-fat ranch dressing for a quick snack. All of the foods mentioned are a great lunch box addition to help kiddos and adults alike keep their mouths clean during the work and school day.
Looking for a quick boost in the teeth whitening department? We at Colson Dental are proud to offer teeth whitening as a service. Our procedure is done in our Raleigh, NC office and is is safe, affordable, and state-of-the-art. You won’t be disappointed with the results and you’ll have peace of mind knowing we’re here for you every step of the way.
Contact us today and schedule an appointment to learn how to get whiter teeth today.